Blog: Social networking sites

Four of the many social networking sites include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. What do they all have in common? They allow users to post content and express their thoughts to friends and random strangers on the internet. Let's analyze each one and I will tell you my impression of each one. First off is Facebook. This is the very first social media account I made back in middle school and it is still prevalent to this day (even though I use it less often). I like Facebook because it has an easy platform and simple to use. Once I log on to my account, I see feeds from friends and what they post. In addition I see postings from pages/ people that I "liked." I mainly us Facebook's instant messenger to communicate with my friends rather than regular texting. Next is twitter. I made an account a very long time ago but never figured out (or had the patience) of how to use it. The concept of sending out a "tweet" or "retweeting" is confusing to me. I don't really like the format of Twitter as well because it only limits you to 140 characters so I would rather go to Facebook. The third site is YouTube. Now, this is my most used and favorite site and it is extremely easy to use. Simply search your choice of content and if you like what people post, subscribe. Once you subscribe, you will get a notification every time they post a video, which is a huge time saver. In my opinion, I think this is the easiest social networking site; you simply search and find what you want. The last site is Instagram. Although I do not really post I do follow people, especially celebrities. I feel that pictures are being posted much more on Instagram than on Facebook nowadays and it seems more professional (people make more effort to edit/filter their pictures). If you hang out with people at a food place and they are taking pictures of it, it is most likely for Instagram. I like the layout of Instagram where you can simply double tap on the picture if you like it, and type comments in. It is similar to Facebook but focuses mainly on the aesthetic factor. I would say that my most favorite social networking site is YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and then Twitter.

Comments

  1. Hi Jessica! Oh wow, I actually never realized what it means to "subscribe" on YouTube; that's probably because I am not an avid Youtube user. I do like Facebook and Instagram because it automatically gives me something that I am definitely interested to scroll through, but now I know that I can subscribe to users that I'm interested in (just like I would follow an account on Instagram), and watch the videos automatically that I am subscribed to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts