Blog about Twitter



Personally, I have never used Twitter and I still do not know how to completely use all of its functions. One thing I do not like about Twitter discussion is that since some students put their personal account, it is hard to sift through all the posts and find which post actually is related to this class. Also I do not like the 140 word limit at all in regards for class purposes. For your personal account, yes definitely that is okay. However when I had to tweet about an article on Twitter, I found it so difficult because of the word constraint and what was supposed to be really quick, turned out to be longer than expected as I tried to edit my tweet many times to meet the limit. Also I do not fully understand how retweet works, if I press retweet on someone's post, do I still have to copy some of their words as what the Professor said? Call me old-fashioned but I just do not like using Twitter. I find BlackBoard discussion much better because everything is all organized. On the discussion page a topic is posted and then all the students can simply write their response in that forum so it is easy to find. As for an in-class discussion, this may be beneficial because the group discussion can be done much quicker and more efficient. However, a con of this would be that some students may be more shy and not voice their opinions as strongly if at all, as compared to behind the screen. In my order of preference, I would choose BlackBoard discussion, in-class discussion, and lastly, Twitter.










Comments

  1. Hey Jessica, I am also a first timer at Twitter and it does look a bit confusing. I think it is hard to follow all the tweets but I do like the word limit and instant communication. It makes it fast and efficient to communicate particularly with the app, unlike blackboard I don't have to login on my computer before responding. Regarding the retweet I think the reason you have to copy some words of the post is so the person knows what tweet are you retweeting about. But yea it is a little different than traditional blackboard but I like the audience it can reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, having the twitter app on your phone does make it much more convenient and easily accessible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts